A Non-Recipe for Noods


For the last couple of months, we have eaten this at least once a week. Its easy and very very adaptable which is why the following is less a recipe and more just a description of my dinner. Usually, this serves two plus enough for a lunch or two the following day.

Roast some veggies; I usually do a head of broccoli and a head of cauliflower with a bulb of garlic drizzled generously with sesame oil and soy sauce. Sometimes I add a layer of kale towards the end of the cooking time as I always seem to have a bag of kale in the fridge (that I buy in good faith and then struggle to bring myself to cook). Last time, instead of roasting anything I fried some cabbage cut into ribbons in sesame oil with a lid on top of the pan so it steamed and fried at once (I added kale here too). Either way, add a handful or two of cashews to whatever vegetable situation you have created.

Once your veggies are nearly cooked, you need to cook your noodles and then combine all in a hot pan to stir fry so that the noodles get some crunchy bits and swirl some more sesame oil in if you like and drizzle some more soy sauce. Whilst the noodles are sizzling, fry a couple of eggs (or you could have boiled a couple of eggs with the noodles if you can be bothered to shell them). Pile the stir fry in a bowl, sprinkle some spring onions if you like or a spoonful of kimchee and some toasted sesame seeds and, as it will say on my gravestone, put an egg on it.

Buon appetito!

Comments

Popular Posts